Posted at February 04, 2011
Grain-Free Basic Bread (Coconut Flour Flax Bread) Recipe
* 1 cup coconut flour, sifted
* 1 cup flax seeds, ground and sifted (I discarded the hulls that wouldn’t sift through)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 10 eggs (yeah, here’s the high-protein part)
* 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
* 1/3 cup plain full-fat yogurt
* 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix together flour, flax, salt, and baking soda.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, yogurt, and vinegar.
Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing after each addition (I did about 3-4 “rounds” of adding dry ingredients).
Pour into a greased loaf pan, and bake 50 minutes. (Probably longer if you are using a smaller loaf pan so your bread is “deeper”.)
Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a cutting board. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Recipe found at joyfulabode.com